GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How is your Garden growing? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/203466-how-your-garden-growing.html)

mj 08-05-2012 12:51 AM

How is your Garden growing?

I got a late start this year even though I started seeds back in
February. That cold snap really goofed things up. My pepper plants
were about 18 inches high when I set them out and most of them had
peppers on them. They didn't like the move but seem to be coming
around. Zucchini, cucumbers,acorn, butternut and yellow are all just
passed the 3rd leaf. In the green house the tomato plants are 8 feet
tall and loaded with tomatoes.I picked a few "Sugary's" today.They
were great. I will never plant them in the garden again. I also picked
a few zucchini from the plant I have in a pot.
For flowers I started daiseys, they all died when I transplanted them.
I started Sunflowers, they all broke at pot level when I tried to
transplant them. The "Johnny Jump Ups" did ok. The only ones that did
well was the portulaca and they usually volunteer every year anyway.
I don't know why I had so much trouble with flowers.
So how is everyone doing?

MJ

Daniel B. Martin 08-05-2012 01:14 PM

How is your Garden growing?

On 05/07/2012 07:51 PM, mj wrote:
So how is everyone doing?

We suffered frost damage as noted in a previous post.
Since then we replaced lost peppers and tomatoes.

We transplanted eggplant seedlings ... lost three to cutworms ...
replaced them.

Right now the soil is warm and moist, the weeds are under control, and
most plants are showing healthy early-season growth.

Daniel B. Martin

mj 08-05-2012 04:24 PM

How is your Garden growing?

On May 8, 8:14*am, "Daniel B. Martin"
wrote:
On 05/07/2012 07:51 PM, mj wrote:

So how is everyone doing?

We suffered frost damage as noted in a previous post.
Since then we replaced lost peppers and tomatoes.

We transplanted eggplant seedlings ... lost three to cutworms ...
replaced them.

Right now the soil is warm and moist, the weeds are under control, and
most plants are showing healthy early-season growth.

Daniel B. Martin

Arrrrr the weeds. I put black plastic over the beds for the winter. I
was SURE there would be no weeds this spring. Wrong. All gardeners
have hope right. I do think they are a little better but I am afraid
it won't last.