Old 26-09-2012, 03:36 AM posted to triangle.config,triangle.gardens

Default triangle.* hierarchy

On 2012-09-04, Julien ÉLIE wrote:
Hi all,

Here is a forward of (control article)
that arrived in control.checkgroups (instead of the intended
news.admin.hierarchies and triangle.config hierarchies).

The synthesis I can do from the current list of newsgroups known by the ISC
http://usenet.trigofacile.com/hierarchies/index.py?see=TRIANGLE
follows.

Suggestion of new newsgroups:

triangle.ask-an-astronomer

Nope, no point. Steve Crisp is easy enough to find in the
real-estate records to call him directly.

triangle.misc

Already covered by triangle.general

Suggestion of obsolete newsgroups:

triangle.java

Has it had any traffic?

triangle.personals.motss

I don't recall this one existing when I was one of the triangle.personals
FAQ assholes. But it's been a long time.

triangle.personals.variations

Ditto.

triangle.singles.announce

Ditto

triangle.sun

Has it had any traffic?

triangle.vlsi

Has it had any traffic?

Lots of descriptions changed too.

In case the suggested checkgroups need being updated, do not hesitate to respond.

The last listing of the triangle hierarchy I could find was posted in
1994; specifically, he

I'm hoping somebody else in the local area can confirm that the list I
posted is accurate. If they are, I'll make the necessary post to
news.admin.hierarchies.

Try asking in triangle.gardens of all places.
That's the triangle.* newsgroup with the most actual activity from locals
that makes it through to eternal.september

Greg Woodbury's post was prior to triangle.bizarre, and probably
prior to the triangle.personals reorg and FAQ stupidity.

In the great scheme of things it doesn't matter as there's almost noone
actually in the area that still uses this part of USENET.