Old 12-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Kelly Garner

Default Hydrangeas - purchase, info

I think I have found a nice spot for a hydrangea in a yard I'm working on in Chapel Hill.
After having one suggested to me by a non-plant person (who can be trained to take care of
it, since I won't be over all the time to care for it), I think it's a good idea. Can anyone
point me to local sellers with whom you've been satisfied? Also, is there a listing of
varieties on a website somewhere so I can get an idea for how big they can get - I don't
need anything super tall (nothing over 5ft) but wide varieties are OK. (We call them, full
figured.) And how about care, growth rates, etc?

Thanks,

Cheers
KJ
--
---
"God help those who have no bowels, only consonants & vowels." - Dylan Thomas
Old 12-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Anne Lurie

You might try this website: http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com -- it
seems, not surprisingly, to have a lot of info about Hydrangeas!

Anne Lurie

Old 13-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Elizabeth

I just bought a beautiful Nikko Blue (3 gallon) at Home Depot for $11.77.
I'm assuming it is a couple years old and is full of blooms. If you hurry,
they might still have some left, but I have found that you have to get their
plants quickly because they are often not cared for very well once they
arrive at the store (and the low prices mean they go fast). Nikko Blue gets
to be about 5'W x 5'H (but there are always exceptions). They also had some
lace-caps, oak-leaf varieties, other blues, and some bright pink and white
ones at our local store.

They mostly like partial shade but can tolerate more sun if well-watered.

Elizabeth

Old 13-05-2003, 04:08 PM
BB

I bought 3gal red and pink Hydrangeas from Home Depot two weekends
back. The red one had plenty of very pretty blooms on it when I bought
it, and it continues to grow more flowers. Whereas, the pink one didn't
have any blooms(or buds) and it still has none. I paid about $12 for one
of those and $15 for the other. And all the plants looked really
healthy the day I was there to buy. I know they keep getting more plants
just before the weekend. So the best time to check out the store for
newer/healthier plants would be Saturday mornings.

Elizabeth wrote in her message........

Old 13-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Lewis Spurlin Jr

How Long will these Bloom? All Through The Summer?

"BB" wrote in message ...
[...]

Help - where can we purchase this soil? Slrdsyj Gardening 0 26-04-2003 03:32 PM
Where can I purchase lycopodium powder I need about a gallon. TIA Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:16 AM
anyone know where to purchase java moss in Los Angeles area? TIA Richie Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:09 AM
where to purchase decoy? dunky Ponds 1 12-04-2003 03:56 PM
Where can I purchase lycopodium powder I need about a gallon. TIA Plant Biology 1 05-04-2003 03:32 PM