Old 14-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Wilson Lamb

Default Rampant Strawberries

Help. My strawberries have gone wild and are taking over the garden. Do I
prune them, cut them, dig up and replant, or what?
Wilson

Old 14-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Elizabeth

I would cut off the runners, dig up the baby plants, pot them up, and offer
them to folks on this newsgroup!

Old 14-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Patskywriter

great idea!

pat

Old 14-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Elizabeth

According to one source I found, "Leaving runners on will mean a large
number of medium-sized berries. Removing runners will mean fewer but larger
berries." (http://www.daybellnursery.com/november42000.html)

"Wilson Lamb" wrote in message
It seems this should be done after this year's harvest??
WL
rthlink.net...

Old 18-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Wilson Lamb

Thanks for the info!
WL

bamboo still rampant johngood_____[_3_] United Kingdom 2 30-03-2008 09:06 AM
rampant bluebells chaz United Kingdom 6 30-04-2004 12:05 PM
How to get rid of rampant mint? hkw United Kingdom 11 23-04-2004 10:36 AM
how to stop rampant bamboo growth Joe C (free agent acct) Bamboo 8 23-04-2004 02:06 AM
Help Identify a Rampant Mystery Vine? John McGaw Gardening 9 03-04-2003 08:20 PM