Old 19-05-2003, 04:32 PM
BB

Default When is the best time to prune roses/plant the cuttings?

When is the best time to prune roses and plant the cuttings? I have no
roses so far, but I am very interested in starting the roses from the
cuttings, so when is the best time to do this?

Also, any one on this news group willing to share their rose cuttings
with me? I am open to any and all kinds of roses.

Thanks.

Old 19-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Elizabeth

Hi,

I may be mistaken, but some types of roses, such as hybrid teas, are grafted
onto the roots of other roses. If you try to grow a cutting, it might not be
a very robust plant. This may not apply to wild roses. Can anyone confirm
this?

E.

Old 20-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Anne Lurie

Man, you just gotta love Google! I typed in "growing roses from cuttings"
and got [among others] the American Rose Society website's info on the
topic:
http://www.ars.org/explore.cfm/propagation/

Also, keep in mind that "pruning roses" and "planting cuttings" may indeed
be separate topics on different schedules.

Good luck! and keep us posted!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

Old 20-05-2003, 07:20 PM
BB

Thanks, Anne

There's a lot of nice information on that page....

Now for the part 2 of my post: Anyone's cutting back their roses soon?

Sometime in the past Anne spake.........