Old 19-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Tomatolord

Default right here of course BOB

Basically the grass is dying...so you will need to reseed in the fall -

causes

chemical spill - gas or something else - solution reseed

spraying the lawn with the wrong chemical like roundup instead of 24d -
solution reseed

female dogs urinating on the lawn - the urea burns the grass - water the
area if possible - reseed

Grubs, especially now the ground is warmer come to the surface to feed on
roots then come out as lighting bugs/japanese beatles - solution of
diazanon/dursban grub killer or milky spore

Not enough water, grass usually goes brown instead of yellow.

But at this point if the grass is ALL yellow it is pretty much toast...

Sorry

A good rule of thumb is that it takes 3-5 years to establish a good lawn,
maybe 1-3 years with sod.

However with fescue you will ALWAYS be reseeding

tomatolord

"Bob S." wrote in message

Hi,

We just installed a new fescue sod lawn approximately a week and a half
ago. It was doing great up until a couple of days ago, at which point it
began developing these seemingly random yellowish-brownish patches. I have
been unable to identify what type of problem we're facing through any of
the online resources, and was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere in

the
Raleigh area that I can take a sample and have the problem properly
diagnosed?

Thanks,
-Bob