GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   saving red tops (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/27657-saving-red-tops.html)

Larry Mormino 20-05-2003 01:56 AM

saving red tops

Is there any practical way to save a red top from the blight? I have one in
the yard and it is looking bad. Larry

C G 20-05-2003 02:20 AM

saving red tops

Larry Mormino wrote:

Is there any practical way to save a red top from the blight? I have one in
the yard and it is looking bad. Larry

Cut it down and replace it with something worth saving.

Baine Carruthers 20-05-2003 11:44 AM

saving red tops

I agree with CG. It's costly and requires time, money, and skill on your
part (unless you hire it done).
--
Baine

link.net...

Tomatolord 20-05-2003 01:20 PM

saving red tops

you can save them for firewood - I guess really as kindling.

Other than that once it has the munge there is no cure...

nelly steven hollies
wax myrtles

are some suggestions
. ..

Marcy Hege 20-05-2003 03:44 PM

saving red tops

Chindo viburnums are also a good replacement for red tips.