Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Raleighgirl

Default I just don't get it

I hope everyone can get out and garden today. So many days of
rain at least makes the weeding go faster!
Two years ago, after long conversations here, I bought and
planted a red twig dogwood. From all of the pictures I thought
it would certainly be one of my favorites. Well, in actuality,
it's nothing special. Maybe I just don't get it or maybe it's
just not planted in the right spot. Right now it just looks like
a dogwood bush with multiple stems coming straight up from the
ground. The stems are red(ish) but not at all showy. The whole
plant is only about 2' high. It's in a spot where it gets a
couple of hours of afternoon sun. Any ideas? Is it something
I'm doing wrong? Should it be growing more? Any suggestions
appreciated.
One other quick question- why would broccoli have HUGE leaves but
nothing edible? Is it because the hubby keeps dowsing it with
fish emulsion (YUCK)?
Have a great day, hopefully outdoors!
Jeny