Old 05-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Mark Dunn

Default What is eating my Hostas?

Something just started eating my Hostas yesterday. They have already
destroyed two of them and I am worried they will eat the other ones? Could
it possibly be voles? Any information anyone has would be appreciated. If
it is voles, how to you get rid of them?

Mark Dunn

Old 05-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Jared Richardson

Could be rabbits

m...

Old 10-06-2003, 04:56 PM
EHMAXEY

Deer?
Old 11-06-2003, 03:56 AM
Nonya

Or, more likely...SNAILS! The little *******s can do conciderable damage to
them. Lift your potted plants to find night lurkers (if you have any)
underneath, or put out dishes of beer. Although, I hate to think that they
get to "go" out feeling so good!

Good luck,
m...

Old 11-06-2003, 11:21 AM
Michael Volow

Are they eaten from the top. Then it's most likely deer. They lover our
hostas, and our day lilies.And they do it quickly.

m...

Old 11-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Brent Harsh

Lance R. wrote:
I thought hostas were deer deterents

More like a buffet! You might be thinking of daffodils?

--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO
Cary, North Carolina, USA

Old 06-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Jan Jan is offline
Registered User

Location: Michigan
Default Deer eating Hostas

The deer started eating my Hostas (among other plants). I covered them with a fine plastic mesh. The mesh does take away from the look of the garden somewhat but the deer have not bothered the Hostas since. The object was to get the deer to go elsewhere, at least for awhile. The deer are not without other food to eat. They just like to graze their way across our yard and check out the gardens. Jan

What's eating my hostas seepnezorf1 Gardening 8 08-07-2003 05:45 PM
Planting Hostas bthache Gardening 6 07-06-2003 04:21 AM
What is eating my Hostas? Mark Dunn North Carolina 1 05-06-2003 03:08 AM
Hostas Kim Bewick United Kingdom 16 13-04-2003 05:56 PM
hostas ann Gardening 3 19-03-2003 01:32 AM