Old 16-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Kelly Garner

Default Woodchipper woes! PSA

Saw this link today:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/2271789/detail.html

"ALLENHURST, N.J. -- A landscaper who kicked a tree branch to force it into a wood chipper
was fatally injured when his legs got pulled into the shredder."

Yikes,
KJ
--
---
Always proofread to make sure you didn't any words out.
Old 16-06-2003, 10:56 PM

In article , Kelly Garner wrote:

Saw this link today:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/2271789/detail.html

"ALLENHURST, N.J. -- A landscaper who kicked a tree branch to force it into a wood chipper
was fatally injured when his legs got pulled into the shredder."

Ewwwwww. Glad I don't have to clean out the truck. Wonder why it
jammed at his legs. It should have sent him straight on thru unless the
tree branch jammed it.

Of course this rule goes for anything with a sharp whirling blade -
treat it with respect. Ended up with a bloodblister on the end of my
middle finger once because I stuck my hand under a mower to remove a
clog. Another quarter inch and my middefinger would have been a quarter
inch shorter. And it only takes a split second of stupidity. But a
commercial chipper is 3-4 feet off the ground so where the heck was this
guy?
Yikes,
KJ

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.

Kiwi fruit and PSA disease Jeff Layman[_2_] United Kingdom 0 18-11-2010 01:14 PM
Webb Starting woes Bevilready Lawns 3 01-04-2009 10:40 AM
PSA Purifalls and Skimmer w bottom drain FBCS Ponds 5 23-07-2003 11:44 PM
Woodchipper rental Jason Jones North Carolina 1 23-06-2003 06:56 PM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 3 25-02-2003 12:10 AM