GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to remove rust from garden tools? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/3445-re-how-remove-rust-garden-tools.html)

Elizabeth 06-02-2003 10:20 PM

How to remove rust from garden tools?

Thanks! I am eager to try it. Why do they call it "naval jelly"? Is it used
for marine applications? Thanks again for replying.

"Patskywriter" wrote in message
get a jar of naval jelly from the hardware store and a cheap paintbrush.

paint
a coating of the stuff on the garden tool and let it sit for 10 to 15

minutes.
then, rinse it off and rub the garden tool dry with a soft cloth or paper
towel. THEN, rub on some WD-40. work on one tool at a time. works like a

charm!
the garden tools will look almost brand-new!

pat

Cricket 07-02-2003 12:23 PM

How to remove rust from garden tools?

I like to use a box of sand mixed with a little vegetable oil kept in the
corner of my shed. I take the head of the tool and push it into the sand a
few times till the tool is clean and a little oily.

--
Please see our website of gardening products at
http://www.southernexposure.com

Peace

Cricket
"Elizabeth" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove a coating of rust from garden tools? I

don't
think they are totally ruined and would like to clean them, if possible.

BTW, there sure is a lot of spam on this newsgroup now. Wish there was

some
way to remove/prevent it.

Thanks,
Elizabeth