Old 21-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Will Cook

Default Hummers

Tom Gauldin wrote:
FWIW, our hummingbirds around these parts normally migrate. However, a
neighbor told me that if I kept the feeder working during our "winter," that
some might stay. They did, and it was a ball watching them in the evening
from the spa.

If you have a winter hummingbird coming to a feeder in North Carolina,
please report it to Susan Campbell of the N.C. Museum of Natural
Sciences. For more information on winter hummers in NC and contact
info, see:

http://www.naturalsciences.org/nchummers/

Rufous Hummingbird is our most common species in winter, but there are
many other possibilities!

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook

Old 21-02-2003, 04:29 PM
Elizabeth

It sounds like our former frequent poster has moved to Las Vegas. No more
longleaf pines? I'm originally from Arizona myself, where more different
hummingbirds are seen than in any other state. Hope you are enjoying it out
there!

Elizabeth

Old 01-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Elizabeth

"Will Cook" wrote in message
Tom Gauldin wrote:
FWIW, our hummingbirds around these parts normally migrate. However, a
neighbor told me that if I kept the feeder working during our "winter,"

that
some might stay. They did, and it was a ball watching them in the

evening
from the spa.

If you have a winter hummingbird coming to a feeder in North Carolina,
please report it to Susan Campbell of the N.C. Museum of Natural
Sciences. For more information on winter hummers in NC and contact
info, see:

http://www.naturalsciences.org/nchummers/

Rufous Hummingbird is our most common species in winter, but there are
many other possibilities!

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook
Box 90340, Biology Dept., Duke Univ., Durham, NC 27708

Ladies & gentlemen - I'm about to become a grandpa to a pair of hummers Padraig Garden Photos 6 18-04-2007 11:42 PM
early hummers Gntry Gardening 2 08-05-2005 05:31 PM
OT - hummers elaine Ponds 6 26-08-2004 11:53 PM
OT - hummers elaine Ponds 0 24-08-2004 04:56 PM
Hummers sipping the last of the summer's blues Madgardener Gardening 1 02-10-2003 06:42 PM