Old 04-07-2003, 12:08 AM
MFA

Default Where can I buy a truck load of pine bark?

Need about a pickups worth or maybe half a dump truck load of large
bark.Would like to find someone who sells and dilivers.Anyone have any
ideas?

Old 04-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Elizabeth

My neighbor calls the tree removal companies. Some of them give it away. But
it might be chips mixed with other stuff, not just bark.

. com...

Old 04-07-2003, 03:32 AM
mark

MFA wrote:

Need about a pickups worth or maybe half a dump truck load of large
bark.Would like to find someone who sells and dilivers.Anyone have any
ideas?

Mulch Masters in Apex might have it. They are not cheap.
I like tripple shredded mulch becasue it works into the soil well in
the spring. I have seen those large nuggets floating down the street,
every time we get a heavy rain..

Old 04-07-2003, 12:20 PM
MFA

I should have mentioned what its for.I have flower beds and lots and lots of
woodchips(brother is in tree biz) that work great in veggie garden,I need
bark for the flower beds because the wood chips break down so fast and grass
takes over in only 6 months.I heard that pine bark lasts about 8 years
before breaking down and grass taking over. And I do thank your for reply
:-)
Elizabeth wrote in message ...
My neighbor calls the tree removal companies. Some of them give it away.

But
it might be chips mixed with other stuff, not just bark.

.com...

Old 04-07-2003, 12:32 PM
MFA

I'll give them a call if they are less expensive than kmart by the bag it
may be worth it.Thanks

Old 04-07-2003, 07:56 PM
Jennifer Richards

"MFA" wrote in message
news
I should have mentioned what its for.I have flower beds and lots and lots
of
woodchips(brother is in tree biz) that work great in veggie garden,I need
bark for the flower beds because the wood chips break down so fast and

grass
takes over in only 6 months.I heard that pine bark lasts about 8 years
before breaking down and grass taking over. And I do thank your for reply
:-)
Elizabeth wrote in message ...

It might help if you said where you're located. I know a place north of
Hillsborough that's excellent with good prices. Delivery available locally.
But that won't do any good in Apex, if that's where you are.

The place is Can Do Landscaping in Cedar Grove.

Old 05-07-2003, 12:20 AM
MFA

Jennifer Richards wrote in message

news

Elizabeth wrote in message ...

It might help if you said where you're located. I know a place north of
Hillsborough that's excellent with good prices. Delivery available

locally.
But that won't do any good in Apex, if that's where you are.

The place is Can Do Landscaping in Cedar Grove.

Yes I should have mentioned that as well,I,m in Garner,Thanks for the
info,,might be my brother with the dump truck can run me out that way.