Old 07-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Cynthia Hines

Default banana tree babies

We bought a banana tree from Lakeview Daylily Farm in Garner. We have gotten
much enjoyment out of watching it sprout new leaves. A couple of baby trees
have sprouted up next to it. Would it hurt the mother tree to splice them
off and plant them?

The Lakeview Daylily Farm was like an amusement park for gardeners. We
bought some beautiful lilies too, but that is another post.

--Cynthia

Old 08-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Tomatolord

no that is how banana trees propogate...

you could sell them

good luck!!

thlink.net...

Old 03-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Tim Glover

It's best to let the babies mature a little before slicing them off the
Mother. They need some time to develop their own roots.
I usually wait until just before the first frost and then dig up the entire
plant. Then, I'll slice off the baby and put it in a pot and bring it
inside for the winter. I'll either replant the Mother or put it in the
crawl space to keep it from freezing.

"Tomatolord" wrote in message
.. .
no that is how banana trees propogate...

you could sell them

good luck!!

"Cynthia Hines" wrote in message
thlink.net...
We bought a banana tree from Lakeview Daylily Farm in Garner. We have

gotten
much enjoyment out of watching it sprout new leaves. A couple of baby

trees
have sprouted up next to it. Would it hurt the mother tree to splice

them
off and plant them?

The Lakeview Daylily Farm was like an amusement park for gardeners. We
bought some beautiful lilies too, but that is another post.

--Cynthia

Babies! - "Dendrobium Babies.jpg" 102.9 KBytes BetsyB Orchids 14 23-03-2004 09:44 PM
banana tree babies Cynthia Hines North Carolina 0 07-07-2003 05:23 PM
babies dieing John Rutz Ponds 4 30-05-2003 01:56 AM
sword babies, how to plant? M Walczak Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:17 AM
new babies molli Orchids 1 31-03-2003 02:56 AM