GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Correction First blueberries! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/35824-correction-re-first-blueberries.html)

laurie \(Mother Mastiff\) 08-07-2003 12:21 AM

Correction First blueberries!

I only use azalea/rhododendron fertilizer for my blueberries, because they
want acid. I mulch generously with pine straw or oak leaves.

Erm, I forgot that I had re-discovered the fertilizer my mom used when I was
a kid, Espoma, which is organic, probably (by the stench, LOL!) bat and/or
seabird guano. It is full of trace minerals which I know my veggie garden
was lacking. So I have used Espoma Plant-Tone as well as azalea fertilizer
on the berries.

Another week or two and there will be plenty for my regulars to pick.

laurie (Mother Mastiff)