Old 03-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Otto Bahn

Default Coalition of the Bought

clamnebula wrote:

Funny, I thought the Turkish army was more a butch kind of army.

I want my empire back.

say... didn't you invent those padded footstools, too?

Yeah, combining the words "foot" and "stool" just
seemed so *wrong*. It reminds me of mowing a lawn
that's been heavily mined by dogs...

The worst part about owning a dog up North was the
spring thaw. At least down here in Carolina, the
bacteria don't take a winter vacation, even if they
do get a tad lethargic.

--oTTo--

Has no need for fertilizer
Old 03-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Otto Bahn

James Caldwell wrote:

Thats why riding lawn mowers are so popular nowadays. Just dont stand
in the line of fire

I'd raise the blade if that's a problem. At least when
it's dry, anyway. Dust clouds, aerosolization, bathroom
exhaust fans, and all that...

--oTTo--

Don't share the fauna
Old 04-03-2003, 02:16 AM
Jeremy Impson

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Otto Bahn wrote:

James Caldwell wrote:

Thats why riding lawn mowers are so popular nowadays. Just dont stand
in the line of fire

I'd raise the blade if that's a problem. At least when
it's dry, anyway. Dust clouds, aerosolization, bathroom
exhaust fans, and all that...

PLUS! Apparantly there is a lot of ANTHRAX in the dirt, and the mowers are
likely to stir it up.

I'm positive that the terrorists are the ones who put anthrax in our dirt.

--Jeremy

--

Jeremy Impson

http://impson.tzo.com/~jdimpson

Old 04-03-2003, 06:39 PM
Otto Bahn

Jeremy Impson wrote:

Thats why riding lawn mowers are so popular nowadays. Just dont stand
in the line of fire

I'd raise the blade if that's a problem. At least when
it's dry, anyway. Dust clouds, aerosolization, bathroom
exhaust fans, and all that...

PLUS! Apparantly there is a lot of ANTHRAX in the dirt, and the mowers are
likely to stir it up. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IBYM: "shitload of ANTHRAX". All the squirrels dropping
from trees are a dead giveaway. That's why I wear a full
body condom, and hose myself down with bleach afterward,
whenever I go outside. Because otherwise...

ANTRAX IS IN THE MOTHER****ING HOUSE!!!!11!!!1!

I'm positive that the terrorists are the ones who put anthrax in our dirt.

I'm a reformed Cathode, m'self, but you may be right:

http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war.html

--oTTo--

Please don't troll the Anodes

Old 04-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Tom Gauldin

Our lawn in Raleigh had a good deal of Mica in the soil. It was in a layer
about 2' down, but the cut for the basement exposed a lot on the north side
of the house. It then became incorporated in the topsoil there. At times
of the day, direct sunlight would beam between a gap in the roofline-
creating a sunbeam between two shadows. I noticed when mowing that the air
"sparkled" in the sunbeam, and it was again apparent when mowing at night,
using headlights.

The mica particles were so fine and light that they drifted around much
longer than ordinary dust or dried clippings- they almost seemed to "float"
in the air for long after I would have finished mowing and disturbing them.

Months ago, during the Anthrax terrorism, I read an article somewhere that
stated Anthrax needed an aerosol-type of carrier to be an effective weapon.
As I recall, the article mentioned some finely milled clay as the dispersal
agent. To me, that's nuts, since clay "wets" easily and clumps. I always
thought that Anthrax, milled with mica, would be far more effective than
Anthrax milled with any type of clay. To this day, I always wondered if the
"clay" article was some disinformation put out to possibly stop somebody
from using something else.

--

Tom Gauldin, Las Vegas NV
NEW EMAIL

Old 04-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Otto Bahn

Tom Gauldin wrote:

Months ago, during the Anthrax terrorism, I read an article somewhere that
stated Anthrax needed an aerosol-type of carrier to be an effective weapon.
As I recall, the article mentioned some finely milled clay as the dispersal
agent. To me, that's nuts, since clay "wets" easily and clumps. I always
thought that Anthrax, milled with mica, would be far more effective than
Anthrax milled with any type of clay. To this day, I always wondered if the
"clay" article was some disinformation put out to possibly stop somebody
from using something else.

The men in dark suits and aviator sun glasses will
be over to see you shortly. We recommend your full
cooperation as to the "welding accident" which burnt
down your house and your subsequent move to Las Vegas.
In other news, maybe anthrax doesn't stick to mica very
well. You are, apparently, still alive....Or maybe it
does stick well, hence the fire. Hmmm, I see several
hours of interrogation for you. Do you think a mere
concidence explains the shape of this paragraph???

--oTTo--

Because symmetry is sexy, don't you think?
Old 05-03-2003, 02:27 AM
David DeLaney

Otto Bahn wrote:
I'm a reformed Cathode, m'self, but you may be right:

http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war.html

Now with new improved page 20. Poor Fred -did- touch a lot of lives...

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeableBLINK
Old 05-03-2003, 06:51 AM
±

Otto Bahn wrote:

Jeremy Impson wrote:

Thats why riding lawn mowers are so popular nowadays. Just dont stand
in the line of fire

I'd raise the blade if that's a problem. At least when
it's dry, anyway. Dust clouds, aerosolization, bathroom
exhaust fans, and all that...

PLUS! Apparantly there is a lot of ANTHRAX in the dirt, and the mowers are
likely to stir it up. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IBYM: "shitload of ANTHRAX". All the squirrels dropping
from trees are a dead giveaway. That's why I wear a full
body condom, and hose myself down with bleach afterward,
whenever I go outside. Because otherwise...

ANTRAX IS IN THE MOTHER****ING HOUSE!!!!11!!!1!

DA ROOF DA ROOF DA ROOF IS ON FIRE - I REALLY MEAN IT - RUN!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2003, 11:37 PM
Goldenpi

"Tom Gauldin" wrote in message
[...]

I wouldn't put it past the US government to spread a little disinformation
during the post-wtc terrorist paranoia. Remember this is the government that
is instructing people on how to survive a bioweapon attack (about as
effective as the old duck-and-cover technique - its only good if your on the
edge of the attack and know its coming). The US gov uses just as much
propaganda as any other.

Clay wouldn't be too bad a dispersial medium under ideal conditions, very
dry air and fine grains, but no terrorists likely to use it in those
conditions. Anyway, anthrax isn't as nasty as the media portray it. Its very
hard to produce, and then direct contact with the spores is required to be
infected.

Of course, with a little TB and a few petri dishes you can easily enough
make the perfect superbug, an almost untreatable highly infectious and
deadly disease. But keeping it under control would be a problem. Perfect if
you just want to cause mass chaos or blackmail the government, but not much
good for anything else.

Old 10-03-2003, 03:56 AM
JungleAcid

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 22:24:32 GMT, "Goldenpi"
wrote:

Of course, with a little TB and a few petri dishes you can easily enough
make the perfect superbug, an almost untreatable highly infectious and
deadly disease. But keeping it under control would be a problem. Perfect if
you just want to cause mass chaos or blackmail the government, but not much
good for anything else.

you mean superbug won't do my laundry? my stock in nanotech! i
thought it was nannytech all along.

--
JA15x6,2
Old 10-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Otto Bahn

Goldenpi wrote:

Clay wouldn't be too bad a dispersial medium under ideal conditions, very
dry air and fine grains, but no terrorists likely to use it in those
conditions. Anyway, anthrax isn't as nasty as the media portray it. Its very
hard to produce, and then direct contact with the spores is required to be
infected.

Plus, you need to inhale about 2000 spores to get the
full blown disease. I figure those spores must be
really, really tiny, and a lot of postal workers probably
have immunity now.

Anthrax terrorist, indeed. It was CIA experiment in
innocuation that went terribly wrong. I'm gonna breathe
deep when I'm gardening next weekend.

--oTTo--

"Tuskagee" would be a wonderful name for a punk rock band
Old 12-03-2003, 07:10 PM
Phil (the Extreme One)

On Tue, 04 Mar 2003 01:13:09 GMT, after hours of intense interrogation,
Jeremy Impson finally admitted that:

James Caldwell wrote:

Thats why riding lawn mowers are so popular nowadays. Just dont stand
in the line of fire

I'd raise the blade if that's a problem. At least when
it's dry, anyway. Dust clouds, aerosolization, bathroom
exhaust fans, and all that...

PLUS! Apparantly there is a lot of ANTHRAX in the dirt, and the mowers are
likely to stir it up.

IWPTA "and the meowers are likely to stir it up"

not that anyone cares.

Back to lurking I go.

--
Phil
nolemurz-at-earthlink-dot-net
Old 12-03-2003, 09:02 PM
Otto Bahn

Phil (the Extreme One) wrote:

Thats why riding lawn mowers are so popular nowadays. Just dont stand
in the line of fire

I'd raise the blade if that's a problem. At least when
it's dry, anyway. Dust clouds, aerosolization, bathroom
exhaust fans, and all that...

PLUS! Apparantly there is a lot of ANTHRAX in the dirt, and the mowers are
likely to stir it up.

IWPTA "and the meowers are likely to stir it up"

I wish. Breathe deep, the gathering gloom!

not that anyone cares.

Yeah, we heard you the first time...

Back to lurking I go.

Don't take usenet so personally. I take it orally,
which disturbs the other people on my hall some, but
hey, some jokes are better when said with a phonecian
accent.

--oTTo--