Old 12-07-2003, 04:20 AM
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Default Shopper's find! Geraniums & Gerberas

I don't work for this place, in fact, I never even stopped there before, but
coming back from Benson to SW Apex on Hwy 50, not too far from Cleveland
School Rd (where there are several nurseries along the road) I stopped and
got some great deals on plants they were closing out to make room to grow
out the fall mums.

If you need a LOT of summer color, this is the chance to stock up cheap. I
suspect if you wanted more than a few plants, they might make you an even
better deal, it never hurts to ask! The nursery is clean and pretty, but
you have to honk for help when you pull up (not timidly like I did!) Irma
is the lady who works in the front.

I got full, healthy 6-1/2" pots of geraniums for just $1 each, covered in
buds, they also had the HUGE hanging baskets of geraniums for $5 each.

Patented Wave petunias in pale lavender or fuschia for $1.50 (in what they
call 4" pots these days), but I got almost the last of them.

The other thing I could not resist was gerbera daisies, in bud and bloom,
for $2.50 each, and they were healthier and fuller pots than I have seen for
"full price" (big bucks) at the local DIY and garden shops.

The place is Wall's Creek, 4525 Benson Hwy, Garner (Benson Hwy is Hwy 50).
Their number is 779-2438.

laurie (Mother Mastiff) enjoying some instant color!

Gerberas mikdljoiwe Gardening 3 09-07-2011 02:22 AM
Gerberas Grub Gardening 0 06-07-2011 11:47 PM
Gerberas are looking a bit dodgy?? Hematite United Kingdom 9 08-08-2004 09:12 PM
Save my Gerberas Hematite Gardening 0 31-07-2004 09:30 PM
Purple Leaves on Gerberas Luke Australia 0 08-08-2003 05:03 AM