Old 12-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Wendy Puckett

Default Japanese beetles and the morning glory

I found several beetles on my morning glory leaves this morning, is
there a way to get rid of them?

Old 13-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Baine Carruthers

Give the beetles a couple more days and they'll have your morning glory
problem solved : )

--
Baine

Old 13-07-2003, 05:45 PM
Kira Dirlik

Hee hee to Baine. They (beetles, not morning glories) like to
congregate on purple basil, witch hazel, cucumbers,fig tree and
pomagranate in my yard. I haven't found any on my morning glories
(yet).
I simply go around each day with a plastic container half full of
water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid, and flick them in. When
they start to fly away, they tend to drop first. Just hold the cup
there and they will drop right in.
Every year I seem to have fewer and fewer Japanese beetles.
Kira