GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chiggers -- help stop me from going Dr. Stranglelove (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/37374-chiggers-help-stop-me-going-dr-stranglelove.html)

Edward M. Kennedy 18-07-2003 11:29 PM

Chiggers -- help stop me from going Dr. Stranglelove

Susan Hogarth wrote:

Being a property owner makes you a bit less sympathetic to
wildlife, I think.

I'm sympathetic to wildlife unless it's a problem or I
feel like eating it. We now have a chigger problem and
I'm tempted to napalm, poison, and pave every last square
foot of my property. First I'm going to try decimating
(with extreame prejudice) the population of cute widdle
bunny rabbits. I suspect they are the ones sustaining
the chigger population because they tend to hang out
where I think the chiggers are, unlike squirrels or deer.

I wish I could *see* the darn things.

If anyone has any useful hints on chiggers, let me know.
I'm getting sick of having to use Cutter everytime I go
anywhere but the vegetable garden. I've been to several
web sites which aren't real informative. The "keep stuff
mowed" theory is clearly BS as our chiggers have been
spreading the past few years anyway, despite that.

The only good news is that my body doesn't freak as much
as it used to and it heals quicker, but I still get welts.

--Ted