Old 06-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Robert Gray

Default Suggestions - Annual flowering vine - shade tolerant

I just built a 3' high retaing wall of half rotted old timbers on one side
of my leaf compost pile. It runs about 30 feet long, and I expect the
timbers to continue to rot and contribute to the compost.

In the meantime however, I would like to soften the 'wall of logs' with an
annual planting of a flowering vine that will 'climb' the wall and spread.
This is a very shady area, so the vine would have to be shade tolerant. On
the other had, it gets plenty of water, since it is at the bottom of a
slope.

I followed the thread of favorite perrenial vines, but am not sure which
would do well in a shade area.

Thanks for all suggestions,
Robert