Old 07-08-2003, 04:05 AM
Robert

Default strawberries

Hi,

I'd like to have some strawberry plants in my vegetable garden next year.
I've read that some people plant them in the fall the first time around to
have fruiting plants the following summer. Has anyone here tried that?

Also where can one find strawberry plants (especially for fall planting)?
The online sellers I've found only sell in the spring.

Any pointers on growing strawberries would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert
Bahama NC

Old 07-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Jared Richardson

Go to a "pick your own strawberry farm" at the end of the season and
ask when they are plowing it all under and ask if you can pick a few
of the leaders. Most places don't mind at all... might be too late in
the season now though.

nk.net...

Old 08-08-2003, 06:04 PM
Charles Lanier

We tried it last summer. Planted 12 "everlasing" strawberry plants and let
them grow through the summer and winter. This spring we pulled about a cup
of berries off each week. Due to the wet summer we have not gotten as many
through July. Make sure you put plastic out around the plants to discourage
runners or you will end up with many plants and few berries.

"Jared Richardson" wrote in message
.com...
Go to a "pick your own strawberry farm" at the end of the season and
ask when they are plowing it all under and ask if you can pick a few
of the leaders. Most places don't mind at all... might be too late in
the season now though.

"Robert" wrote in message
nk.net...
| Hi,
|
| I'd like to have some strawberry plants in my vegetable garden next
year.
| I've read that some people plant them in the fall the first time
around to
| have fruiting plants the following summer. Has anyone here tried
that?

| Also where can one find strawberry plants (especially for fall
planting)?
| The online sellers I've found only sell in the spring.
|
| Any pointers on growing strawberries would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Robert
| Bahama NC

Moving Strawberries Lilac Edible Gardening 1 03-06-2003 06:44 PM
strawberries? H United Kingdom 6 21-02-2003 09:33 PM
Question about strawberries! Claude Gardening 5 06-02-2003 01:48 PM
Indian Strawberries again JLee United Kingdom 3 21-11-2002 03:33 PM
Strawberries? Dwayne United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 03:27 PM