Old 11-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Richard Evans

Default Source for balckberry bushes

I'd like to start a blackberry patch. Anyone know where I can buy
some bushes?

Dick Evans
Old 11-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Marymind

Hi, Richard,
Go to 'froogle.com' and put in blackberry plants...I came up with quite
a few nurseries.
Good Luck

Old 11-08-2003, 10:34 PM
Raleighgirl

"Richard Evans" wrote in message
| I'd like to start a blackberry patch. Anyone know where I can
buy
| some bushes?
|
| Dick Evans

Dick,
You are just not into the North Raleigh scene. Mr. Stokes is
renowned for his thornless blackberries. He sells plants and
berries at his house on the corner of Baileywick and Strickland.
You'll know it's his house when you see the hand written signs
and HUGE canes of berries.
Jeny

Old 11-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Raleighgirl

Old 14-08-2003, 05:09 PM
BONEUNIT

He sells plants and
berries at his house on the corner of Baileywick and Strickland.

corner of Baileywick and Strickland? I haven't been that way in a while, but I
can't picture that those two roads actually intersect... but I'm probably not
remembering the roads correctly or they have been rerouted. Could you give me
directions from Six Forks, heading north pls?

Thanks, Holly

Old 14-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Raleighgirl

"BONEUNIT" wrote in message
| He sells plants and
| berries at his house on the corner of Baileywick and
Strickland.

| corner of Baileywick and Strickland? I haven't been that way
in a while, but I
| can't picture that those two roads actually intersect... but
I'm probably not
| remembering the roads correctly or they have been rerouted.
Could you give me
| directions from Six Forks, heading north pls?
|
| Thanks, Holly

Holly,
Take Six Forks to Strickland and turn left onto Strickland.
You'll pass Creedmoor Rd. Continue about a mile to the
intersection with Baileywick (it's within sight of the stoplight
at Ray Rd.). Turn right onto Baileywick. Mr. Stokes lives on
the left corner.
Jw
Stay on Strickland.

Old 14-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Susan

It's confusing because Baileywick and Strickland are parellel for most of
Baileywick's existence. But near its western end Baileywick drifts left
and merges with Strickland at a diagonal just east of the Ray Road
intersection. To avoid missing it, it's probably easiest to take Six
Forks north from Strickland, take that first left, and follow Baileywick
until it ends. When you see the end, you're right in front of the blackberry
place. :-) (on your right)

Or head west on Strickland from Six Forks and take the right just before
you get to the Ray Road light. The problem with giving directions is
that all the landmarks are right after you pass what you want.....

Old 14-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Richard Evans

Susan wrote:

It's confusing because Baileywick and Strickland are parellel for most of
Baileywick's existence. But near its western end Baileywick drifts left
and merges with Strickland at a diagonal just east of the Ray Road
intersection.

Oops. I shoulda said just east of Ray Road.

Dick

Old 15-08-2003, 08:17 AM
BONEUNIT

Take Six Forks to Strickland and turn left onto Strickland.
You'll pass Creedmoor Rd. Continue about a mile to the
intersection with Baileywick (it's within sight of the stoplight
at Ray Rd.). Turn right onto Baileywick. Mr. Stokes lives on
the left corner.

Thanks! I forgot all about that end of it! Baileywick used to be a dirt road
and we used to ride horses all through there a longggggggg time ago, lol.
Thanks for the directions!

Holly

Source for berry bushes? Akbar North Carolina 11 30-04-2004 06:06 PM
hibiscus bushes alicia Gardening 1 01-09-2003 05:12 PM
'Home Security' plants/bushes Keith D United Kingdom 0 06-04-2003 11:17 AM
Wanted: Blueberry bushes McFadden57 Gardening 1 30-03-2003 02:32 PM
Blueberry bushes for Upstate NY? Beecrofter Gardening 0 22-02-2003 06:39 AM