Old 12-08-2003, 11:09 PM
J. Fleming

Default gourds and more

A lot of gardeners find fun in gourds during the winter when planting is
not so easy. If you think you might be interested in "playing with your
vegetables" too, read on...

The North Carolina Gourd Society is sponsoring the Gourd Day at the
State Farmer's Market on Saturday, September 16, 2003 from 8:00 a.m. -
4:00 p.m. We will have several gourd vendors selling dried gourds,
crafted gourds, gourd t-shirts and more.

Gourd Day at the Farmer's Market:
http://www.ncagr.com/markets/facilit...igh/promos.htm

Don't forget the upcoming 62nd Annual Gourd Art & Crafts Festival that
will be held September 6-7, 2003 in the Dorton Arena on the N.C. State
Fair Grounds too! We will have gourd vendors galore as well as 84
competitive categories and 34 special workshops. There is a free kids'
crafting table and demonstrations during this event as well. This is a
family-friendly event where we can promise you will be delighted and
amazed by what you see. You'll even see precision power tools used for
delicate cuts and for carving, so there really is something for everyone
here.

Festival Info:
http://www.twincreek.com/gourds/festival.htm

Special gourd art and craft workshops featuring instructors from around
the country:
http://www.twincreek.com/gourds/workshops/

The North Carolina Gourd Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
dedicated to promoting the art, culture and heritage of gourds in North
Carolina. There will be a special gourd growing demonstration garden in
the Flower and Garden Show of the 2003 North Carolina State Fair. We
hope to see you there!

Old 12-08-2003, 11:13 PM
Kelly Garner

In article ,
J. Fleming wrote:
The North Carolina Gourd Society is sponsoring the Gourd Day at the
State Farmer's Market on Saturday, September 16, 2003 from 8:00 a.m. -
4:00 p.m. We will have several gourd vendors selling dried gourds,
crafted gourds, gourd t-shirts and more.

That's great, but Sept 16th isn't a Saturday... it's a Tuesday.
According to the flier, it's Saturday, AUGUST 16th.
Don't want anyone to miss the gourds! :-)

Cheers
KJ

--
---
www.answerbag.com - "It's in the Bag"
Old 12-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Kelly Garner

In article ,
J. Fleming wrote:
The North Carolina Gourd Society is sponsoring the Gourd Day at the
State Farmer's Market on Saturday, September 16, 2003 from 8:00 a.m. -
4:00 p.m. We will have several gourd vendors selling dried gourds,
crafted gourds, gourd t-shirts and more.

That's great, but Sept 16th isn't a Saturday... it's a Tuesday.
According to the flier, it's Saturday, AUGUST 16th.
Don't want anyone to miss the gourds! :-)

Cheers
KJ

--
---
www.answerbag.com - "It's in the Bag"
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly -=*= kelly @ unc.edu

Gourds and more gourds Srgnt Billko Lawns 3 26-09-2007 02:31 AM
Latge Gourds artiegee United Kingdom 1 14-03-2004 05:23 PM
gourds and more J. Fleming North Carolina 0 12-08-2003 10:57 PM
Peppers and gourds David A. King United Kingdom 0 15-07-2003 11:20 PM
birdhouse gourds michele Gardening 7 08-04-2003 05:20 PM