Old 14-08-2003, 02:12 AM
Diane Wilson

Default cyclamen

Has anyone tried planting cyclamen around here? Do they tolerate
the clay very well? Does anything tend to eat them?

Diane
Old 14-08-2003, 04:09 PM
John Kohl

I presume you mean the hardy cyclamen that bloom in the fall? Mine
have done fine, but they are in amended soil, not clay. They have not
been affected by any insects, other animals, or diseases.

John Kohl

Old 15-08-2003, 02:23 AM
Buffs Rich

well i hope you don't have chipmonks in your yard... i planted several a few
years ago and caught the damned animal red handed eating the bulb. good luck
Old 15-08-2003, 06:02 PM
dookie

i've got several that a previous owner planted. they're nowhere
special...under the azaleas, along a footpath in the woods, etc., and they
get no care whatsoever from me...only what nature provides. they appear to
be doing just fine, blooming every year and spreading (slooooowly).

$0.02,

dookie

"Diane Wilson" wrote in message
.. .
Has anyone tried planting cyclamen around here? Do they tolerate
the clay very well? Does anything tend to eat them?

Diane

Cyclamen with a monkey on my patio. - Cyclamen 2toneMonkeyDSC01300.JPG (1/1) Wendy7 Garden Photos 2 01-03-2011 12:07 AM
Cyclamen with a monkey on my patio. - Cyclamen 2toneMonkeyDSC01300.JPG (0/1) Wendy7 Garden Photos 1 28-02-2011 11:55 PM
Cyclamen Notes paghat Gardening 3 15-03-2003 08:08 PM
Winter Flowering Cyclamen Peter Donovan United Kingdom 17 14-03-2003 08:53 AM
cyclamen Marley1372 Gardening 2 22-02-2003 09:15 AM