GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wanted: Tiller repair (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/41048-wanted-tiller-repair.html)

Michael 21-08-2003 10:32 PM

Wanted: Tiller repair

I have an old tiller that just won't crank. Seems like a fellow was posting
on one of the triangle groups offering to perform home repairs. Of course,
now I can't find the article. I've tried the obvious, new plug, I'm getting
spark, cleaned the points, air filter, even tried spraying start fluid into
the carb. But it will never even fire once.

Does anyone have suggestions for a cost effective small engine repair
person? At home repair would be ideal so I don't have to lug this old
tiller around town.

Thanks,
msteele
at
nc dot
rr dot
com nospam please

Anne Lurie 21-08-2003 11:34 PM

Wanted: Tiller repair

Michael, I saw that post too, and thought I saved it, but I can't find it
(nor could I find it on google-groups for some reason).

You did not mention whether you have the owner's manual for your tiller. If
you don't, you might check the manufacturer's website to see if you can
download the manual as a PDF file. For example, if it's a Troy-Bilt, here's
the website where you can download owner's manuals
http://www.troybilt.com/manuals.jsp

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

om...

Daniel B. Martin 22-08-2003 12:22 AM

Wanted: Tiller repair

Seems like a fellow was posting on one of the triangle groups
offering to perform home repairs.

Perhaps this is what you are seeking...

Daniel B. Martin

From: james )
Subject: Lawn Mowers - Tune-ups and Repairs [Free house call]
Newsgroups: triangle.forsale
Date: 2003-08-15 05:53:11 PST

Lawn Mowers - Tune-ups and Repairs [Free house call]

blade sharpening included w/tune-ups also t/u & repair other gas power
tools.[work done at your home] Phone estimates available MOWERS FOR
SALE

Other services
Low Pressure House Washing [easy on your paint]
High Pressure washing

James 872-3853

[email protected] 22-08-2003 06:22 PM

Wanted: Tiller repair

In article , Anne Lurie wrote:
Michael, I saw that post too, and thought I saved it, but I can't find it
(nor could I find it on google-groups for some reason).

You did not mention whether you have the owner's manual for your tiller. If
you don't, you might check the manufacturer's website to see if you can
download the manual as a PDF file. For example, if it's a Troy-Bilt, here's
the website where you can download owner's manuals
http://www.troybilt.com/manuals.jsp

James is his name. He posts in triangle.forsale a good bit.

For engines you would really want to go the the engine mfg site.
Briggs, Tecumseh, Honda, ....

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.