Old 06-09-2003, 01:47 AM
Heidi

Default rununculus

Hi all!

First off, thanks for your advice on worms! I do have a compost bin,
and will continue to add food scraps. There may be worms in the bin I
don't know about. I have to admit I am not very good about turning the
compost. The materials sure do get heavy quickly! It's hard for me to
scoop up more than a few inches of material to turn. Next time around I
may invest in one of those compost barrels with a churn handle!

My next question is about ranunculus. Has anyone tried to grow them
here? Ranunculi are just about my favorite flower and I would love to
plant some bulbs. I have been deterred however, as I had heard from one
source that they would not grow well here. Some of the on-line
catalogues suggest that they may be hardy in our zone.

Anyone have any experience with ranunculus?

Thanks!
Heidi

Old 10-09-2003, 04:12 AM
Susan Gillispie

Heidi,
I bought some from Logan's Trading Company and they bloomed for quite
a while a year or so ago, but didn't come back the following year. I think
it depends on where you live in the triangle. I am on the Raleigh side of
Durham. I am sure that if you ask at Logan's they will tell you where the
plants are hardy, and they will have the blooming ones in stock. I notice
that Home Depot also carries them in the Spring, but they must be
problematic for the Durham area because I never see them planted anywhere.
I like them, too.
Heidi wrote in
m:

[...]

I have