GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis Paniculata to trade/rehome (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/43013-clematis-paniculata-trade-rehome.html)

laurie \(Mother Mastiff\) 14-09-2003 06:36 AM

Clematis Paniculata to trade/rehome

I had a lovely light blue clematis and a Sweet Autumn (Paniculata) clematis
growing together on the trellis at the mailbox. The older roots of the
Paniculata enabled it to completely overgrow and kill off the light blue
clematis I much preferred. I am furious that it killed off my favorite and
I didn't know till I cut it back today. Besides, the Paniculata blooms (and
it was a MOUNTAIN of solid bloom this year) make me sneeze my fool head off.

Would love to swap the Paniculata for a healthy light blue/lavender clematis
(but will consider nearly any color except red).

If no other clematis are on offer, while I am still mad at its murderous
ways, I could still be tempted to let the Paniculata go to a new home.

Photo available on request. I cut it way back to clear the trellis, but the
roots and stems are awesome.

66 1 22 44 for more info. laurie (Mother Mastiff)