Old 24-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Beth

Default fair price for aerating???

We have a .3 acre lot, of which 1/3 of that is a natural area. We plan
to have the lawn aerated (ie: everything but the natural area). We have
been quoted a price of $60 to aerate our yard. Is this a good price?
Has anyone paid someone to aerate before? I know I could rent one for a
day at HD for $45, but things are a little too hectic right now to do
this ourselves.

If that is a high quote, can anyone recommend someone who might be cheaper?

TIA
Beth

Old 24-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Bippy

"Beth" wrote in message
| We have a .3 acre lot, of which 1/3 of that is a natural area. We
plan
| to have the lawn aerated (ie: everything but the natural area). We
have
| been quoted a price of $60 to aerate our yard. Is this a good
price?
| Has anyone paid someone to aerate before? I know I could rent one
for a
| day at HD for $45, but things are a little too hectic right now to
do
| this ourselves.

We've never paid to have someone do it, but compared to renting one
yourself and doing it (and the hassle thereof) I'd think $60 would be
a fair price. I wouldn't mind having the guy's name and phone number
to come aerate our yard as well! (hint hint) ;-)

Old 24-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Pauline Leveille

We have a .4 acre lot, about 1/4 is natural, and we were quoted $80 by our
lawn service. I've never been able to rent an aerator for less than $75 a
day,
so your $45 is a good price.

For us, it came down to a wicked hill in our front yard, where about half
the
grass is, and we did not want to mess with a heavy aerator on that slope.
We decided to leave our yard to the experts - we watched an aerator
fling our neighbor around his relatively flat yard, helped us decide
pretty quickly!

Pauline

Old 24-09-2003, 05:22 PM

In article , Beth wrote:
We have a .3 acre lot, of which 1/3 of that is a natural area. We plan
to have the lawn aerated (ie: everything but the natural area). We have
been quoted a price of $60 to aerate our yard. Is this a good price?
Has anyone paid someone to aerate before? I know I could rent one for a
day at HD for $45, but things are a little too hectic right now to do
this ourselves.

If that is a high quote, can anyone recommend someone who might be cheaper?

I am going to be a little frank here. So I will apologize in advance.
You are getting this done for $15
more than you could do it yourself. That means you don't have to go get
it and return it and you don't have to chase it around the yard.
Whoever quoted you this has somewhere from 1-2 hours total time tied up
in this counting transit time. That covers their wages and all their
overhead. YES THAT IS A FAIR PRICE.

TIA
Beth

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.

Timing of dethatching and aerating Ken Shelton Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:57 PM
Core Aerating Purchgdss Gardening 9 03-05-2003 02:08 PM
Aerating the lawn. Jerry Lawns 1 30-03-2003 04:56 PM
Aerating Compost teas Wesley Trotman Permaculture 3 30-09-2002 06:04 AM
Aerating compost teas Carmen United Kingdom 0 28-09-2002 06:33 PM