Old 26-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Elizabeth

Default Confederate jasmine does well here?

Hi,

I think I've seen this plant (Trachelospermum jasminoides) a lot of places
here, but I noticed several books listing it as only hardy to zone 8. Is
this the plant I'm seeing on mailboxes around here?
http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/3854/

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Old 26-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Raleighgirl

Elizabeth,
Yep, that's Confederate Jasmine just like mine. I've had it for
many years at several locations and haven't lost a bit yet.
Jeny
link.net...

Old 29-09-2003, 04:34 PM
MAC

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:07:39 GMT, "Elizabeth"
wrote:

Hi,

I think I've seen this plant (Trachelospermum jasminoides) a lot of places
here, but I noticed several books listing it as only hardy to zone 8. Is
this the plant I'm seeing on mailboxes around here?
http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/3854/

Thanks,
Elizabeth

I put two plants in last fall and they both died to the ground during
winter. They've come back a bit since, but I've been told they're just
barely included in our zone.

MAC
Old 29-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Elizabeth

Thanks for the posts. I'm going to take my chances on a warm, sunny spot and
see what happens. That's the interesting thing about gardening -- you never
know exactly what might happen. I think Thomas Jefferson once noted that
there's nothing like gardening for the failures, and the successes that make
up for them (not an exact quote; his words would sound better).

Elizabeth

Old 30-09-2003, 10:07 PM
Tim Rowles

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:44:41 GMT, "Elizabeth"
wrote:

I think Thomas Jefferson once noted that
there's nothing like gardening for the failures, and the successes that make
up for them (not an exact quote; his words would sound better).

Elizabeth

"No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the
earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden. Such a
variety of subjects, some one always coming to perfection, the
failure of one thing repaired by the success of another, and
instead of one harvest a continued one through the year."

Thomas Jefferson, 1811

-- Tim

trowles at rtmx dot net

Old 01-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Elizabeth

Hey, thanks! I feel another visit to the magnificent Monticello gardens is
in order to get refreshed in the Jefferson vibe!

Elizabeth

Old 05-10-2003, 01:46 AM
Buffs Rich

I have 2 fines and both have really done well. One has been with me for 5
years and the other for 3. One is located on a fence that faces north and the
other is on the SE corner of a fence. The 5 year old has to be close to 30
feet long at it greatest distance from the roots. The ice storm didn't do a
thing to it. The only die back I had was several years ago when we had the 2
feet of snow and then it stayed on the ground for a long time. Good luck.