GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is a triangle garden? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/44331-what-triangle-garden.html)

David Hare-Scott 29-09-2003 06:16 AM

What is a triangle garden?

What is a triangle garden? Google reveals the phrase is not uncommon
but I cannot see any particular link to this NG whcih looks like general
gardening to me.

David

Brent Harsh 29-09-2003 07:03 AM

What is a triangle garden?

David Hare-Scott wrote:

What is a triangle garden? Google reveals the phrase is not uncommon
but I cannot see any particular link to this NG whcih looks like general
gardening to me.

It's gardening in the "triangle" area of North Carolina; all our local
NG's are triangle.something. The "triangle" is the area around
Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. Hope that helps clear that up.

--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Say
bharsh at ncroadrunner \ / NO to HTML in email and news.

Penny Morgan 29-09-2003 12:31 PM

What is a triangle garden?

It's not meant as a gardening term. It means the triangle area of North
Carolina. We are in the Research Triangle Park (RTP) area or Raleigh,
Durham area. We are just a regular gardening NG.

Penny

Baine Carruthers 29-09-2003 12:31 PM

What is a triangle garden?

Triangle.gardens is a unique area where people act as stewards of the land,
working in perfect harmony with the plants, insects, weather, etc., so that
we are rewarded with the most outstanding lawns, gardens, and flowers.

That sounds about right but could use a little tweaking.
--
Baine

Anne Lurie 29-09-2003 11:02 PM

What is a triangle garden?

Baine, the description sounds great, but I think it's only fair that people
reading this newsgroup realize that most of us here in the
triangle.gardening realm live in Zone 7 (or 8, depending on the status of
the new USDA zone map).

After all, people in northern Canada, say, might wonder about us when we
talk about garden tasks for January! When I lived in northern VT, my winter
garden tasks involved perusing seed catalogues & trying to envision the
exact dimensions of the vegetable garden that was currently covered with 2
feet of snow.