GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   native plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/58172-native-plant.html)

Raleighgirl 06-04-2004 09:36 PM

native plant?

The most beauuuuuuuutiful flower just opened and I wonder if
anyone knows what it is...
The plant is about 6-8" tall. The leaves are spotted, very
similar to ginger but more pointed and grow off of a stem.. Only
2 leaves per plant so far. The flower is what's spectacular.
Dark maroon/purple. The petals are still standing straight up but
seem to be long, skinny and pointed.
Any ideas?

Is this a bumper crop for weeds for everyone? I couldn't work in
the yard much last year so maybe that's why but I have more and
bigger dandelions, chick weed that's thick and tall enough to
engulf bodies, and now the lady's mantle is starting to sprout.
And the (*&#)(* Chinese silt/slit grass hasn't even thought about
starting to rise yet. O joy.

Anyone want some obedient plant or irises? I also have tons of
the Vietnamese purple-lettuce- on-a- bush if someone wants some
seedlings.
Jenny

Raleighgirl 06-04-2004 09:36 PM

native plant?

Free, free, free. Just come and get 'em.
I live in Black Horse Run in NW Raleigh.
Jenny
ink.net...

Raleighgirl 06-04-2004 09:36 PM

native plant?

Marcy Hege 06-04-2004 09:36 PM

native plant?

Is this the plant you've found? It's a NC native, one of the trilliums.

http://ncnatural.com/wildflwr/tcuneatm.html

Marcy

Raleighgirl 06-04-2004 09:36 PM

native plant?

YES! You're a dear. Thanks Marcy. The picture is not great,
it's really lovely.
Jw

Raleighgirl 06-04-2004 09:36 PM

native plant?