Old 13-04-2004, 02:56 AM
Registered User

Location: raleigh, nc, usa
Default Good place to buy perennials at low price!

Does anyone know where you can buy nice gallon perennials at a good price/value in the triangle?? I'm tired of paying $10 for a quart. Any help appreciated!! Thanks!!
Old 13-04-2004, 03:34 AM
Daniel Barton

1gtwannab wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy nice gallon perennials at a good
price/value in the triangle?? I'm tired of paying $10 for a quart.
Any help appreciated!! Thanks!!

Not exactly in the Triangle, but Broadwell's Nursery in
Angier is a favorite with great prices. I've bought a ton
of plants from them.

Daniel

| |
Old 13-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Marcy Hege

I actually think that sale is this coming weekend. Check with the Arboretum
since it is held out there.

Old 13-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Marcy Hege

Can't help but wonder how you're going to buy plants in the Triangle if your
posts are from the UK.

The Farmers Market often has many perennials less than $10. You missed the big
perennial sale at the Fairgrounds last weekend where only a few of the items
were more than $10, most were in the $4-$6 range.
Old 13-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Kelly Garner

In article ,
Marcy Hege wrote:
Can't help but wonder how you're going to buy plants in the Triangle if your
posts are from the UK.

Garden Banter is a posting service, much like Google.
Domain names don't mean much anymore in the way of location.

The Farmers Market often has many perennials less than $10. You missed the big
perennial sale at the Fairgrounds last weekend where only a few of the items
were more than $10, most were in the $4-$6 range.

Isn't there another sale coming up (the plant society at NC State?) in a few weekends?

Cheers
KJ

--
---
"We're all given a ticket to the American freak show the day we're born and

Old 13-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Mary Woytowich

Daniel,
Try Big Bloomer's in Sanford. Great prices, beautiful plants and
helpful advice.

Daniel Barton wrote:

1gtwannab wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy nice gallon perennials at a good
price/value in the triangle?? I'm tired of paying $10 for a quart.
Any help appreciated!! Thanks!!

Not exactly in the Triangle, but Broadwell's Nursery in
Angier is a favorite with great prices. I've bought a ton
of plants from them.

Daniel

--

Mary C. Woytowich
Executive Assistant to Chair

**************** ******

Old 14-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Bobby Baxter

You should take a look at some of the excellent sources on the internet.
Visit my web portal at http://thegardensite.com. I have several nurseries
that specialize in perennials. http://gardenperennials.net is a great
resource and you will be amazed what you receive in the mail. If you are
interested in daylilies then visit my personal site at
http://happymoosegardens.com and click on the supersale link. You can save
on shipping by visiting my garden in Wake Forest.

You can really receive great value by shopping on the internet at gardens
that specialize in a particular type of perennial such as irises, daylilies,
hostas, etc.

BTW, if you visit me I have clumps of Stella De Ora for $10 which have at
least 20 fans. You can go to the X-marts and get 2 fans for $10 to $15.

I imagine there are many triangle gardeners that will sell plants from their
garden as well. People need to get over the fear of commercial postings to
this forum. If you have a great deal, local gardeners would love to know
about it. I am amazed that about 99% of my flower sales are shipped outside
of North Carolina and locals do not even know about our daylilies.

Bobby Baxter
Happy Moose Gardens
http://happymoosegardens.com

Old 14-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Heidi

BTW, if you visit me I have clumps of Stella De Ora for $10 which have at
least 20 fans. You can go to the X-marts and get 2 fans for $10 to $15.

Or you can go to Broadwell's and get the same thing for $3.

Heidi