Old 26-05-2004, 04:23 AM

Default Plug Aerators....?

Are these something you can rent somewhere ? If so, where and about how much ?
Thanks.
Old 26-05-2004, 04:23 AM
Robert

Most rental shops have them, my local rental place gets about $45 / 4 hrs.

I've read it's best to wait to aerate in the fall for tall fescue.

http://tinyurl.com/2qsml

Robert

om...

Old 26-05-2004, 06:05 AM

Thanks Robert.
I hadn't planned on doing it now - it's just seem that my lawn can use a "session"
and it seem like an expensive machine to buy to use like once a year...
Umm...does HomeDepot rent them out ? When you say local - what sort of shop should
I check ?
Thanks again

Robert wrote:
Most rental shops have them, my local rental place gets about $45 / 4 hrs.

I've read it's best to wait to aerate in the fall for tall fescue.

http://tinyurl.com/2qsml

Robert

om...

Old 26-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Raleighgirl

wrote in message
om...
| Are these something you can rent somewhere ? If so, where and
about how much ?
| Thanks.

Don't know the price but I do know you can rent them at Ace
Hardware.
Jw

Old 26-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Jennifer Richards

wrote in message
om...

Thanks Robert.
I hadn't planned on doing it now - it's just seem that my lawn can use a

"session"
and it seem like an expensive machine to buy to use like once a year...
Umm...does HomeDepot rent them out ? When you say local - what sort of

shop should
I check ?
Thanks again

Check the yellow pages under rentals or equipment rentals or hardware
stores. Home Depot probably doesn't rent them, but a local True Value or
Ace might. There are also rental companies around that rent everything from
front end loaders to chafing dishes. Also might want to check if they'll
deliver and pick up.

Last Fall we got a group of neighbors together one Saturday, rented the plug
aerator (in Hillsborough or Chapel Hill I think - someone else handled the
rental) and each of us got to aerate our lawn for a fraction of the rental
price. The machine is heavy and b*tch to use, but does a good job.

-Jenny

Old 27-05-2004, 02:22 PM
DonS

In article , "Jennifer Richards" wrote:
Check the yellow pages under rentals or equipment rentals or hardware
stores. Home Depot probably doesn't rent them, but a local True Value or
Ace might. There are also rental companies around that rent everything from
front end loaders to chafing dishes. Also might want to check if they'll
deliver and pick up.

There are three HDs in the area with tool rental - North Raleigh, Fuquay and
Durham. Not sure if they carry the aerators, but they do carry most rental
items.

-don
Old 27-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Tonya Heath

DonS wrote:
In article , "Jennifer Richards" wrote:

Check the yellow pages under rentals or equipment rentals or hardware
stores. Home Depot probably doesn't rent them, but a local True Value or
Ace might. There are also rental companies around that rent everything from
front end loaders to chafing dishes. Also might want to check if they'll
deliver and pick up.

There are three HDs in the area with tool rental - North Raleigh, Fuquay and
Durham. Not sure if they carry the aerators, but they do carry most rental
items.

-don

The Home Depot at 9517 Strickland Rd is the only one in Raleigh (919
844-7418) that has tool rental.
Old 27-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Robert

There are three HDs in the area with tool rental - North Raleigh, Fuquay
and
Durham. Not sure if they carry the aerators, but they do carry most

rental
items.

There are probably some independent rental places in your area. I know in
Durham that Best Rental and Stone Brothers and Byrd have them. If you give
all your business to the big box stores you won't have a choice as to where
to shop after a while. I find the independent shops have much more
knowledgeable people working for them who are generally more than happy to
help you.

Robert

Old 27-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Jennifer Richards

"DonS" wrote in message
m...
There are three HDs in the area with tool rental - North Raleigh, Fuquay

and
Durham. Not sure if they carry the aerators, but they do carry most

rental
items.

My bad. I would prefer to rent from a locally owned place, anyway, though.
Just a preference to support local businesses rather than the big chains
when I can.

Old 28-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Sean Scoggins

wrote in message
om...
Are these something you can rent somewhere ? If so, where and about how

much ?
Thanks.

I'm about 90% confident that I've rented one from Holland Rent-All in
Raleigh on Western Blvd before.

They typically have half day and full day rates on that type of equipment.

Old 28-05-2004, 06:02 PM

In article , wrote:
Are these something you can rent somewhere ? If so, where and about how much ?
Thanks.

Yes. Just about any general rentall place. you are welcome.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.
Old 28-05-2004, 06:02 PM

In article , wrote:

Thanks Robert.
I hadn't planned on doing it now - it's just seem that my lawn can use a "session"
and it seem like an expensive machine to buy to use like once a year...
Umm...does HomeDepot rent them out ? When you say local - what sort of shop should
I check ?
Thanks again

Is this a troll or are you truly clueless. Ever hear of the yellow
pages? Ever use a telephone? Sheesh.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:07 PM

In article , wrote:

Actually, I was clueless. Other than car/truck rental, I hadn't had to rent any machines
before. Thanks all for your helps.

Be sure to get good operating instructions from the rental place then.
They are more difficult to handle than a mower, but less than a
rototiller.

YOu will probably be glad you have to get the thing back in 4 hours.
They are a workout.

Old 03-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Jo

I also like to check around online to find out which companies other people
have used.
It is nice to exchange information with others.
I have saved myself serous money in the long run getting quotes and ideas
from others in the newsgroups.
Yellow pages don't really list prices or reliability.
Good luck with your search.

wrote in message
:
:
: Actually, I was clueless. Other than car/truck rental, I hadn't had to
rent any machines
: before. Thanks all for your helps.
:
:
:
:
: wrote:
: In article ,
wrote:
:
:
: Thanks Robert.
: I hadn't planned on doing it now - it's just seem that my lawn can use
a "session"
: and it seem like an expensive machine to buy to use like once a year...
: Umm...does HomeDepot rent them out ? When you say local - what sort of
shop should
: I check ?
: Thanks again
:
:
: Is this a troll or are you truly clueless. Ever hear of the yellow
: pages? Ever use a telephone? Sheesh.
:
:
:
: --
: Wes Dukes (wdukes.pobox@com) Swap the . and the @ to email me please.
:
: spam@
www.spam.com is a garbage address.

Dethatchers and core aerators FDR[_2_] Lawns 8 11-09-2008 02:20 PM
Lawn aerators Barry Ward Australia 4 17-03-2007 11:35 PM
Lawn aerators Chris Hogg United Kingdom 8 11-04-2006 06:05 PM
Manual push aerators and dethatcher q. Jack Gardening 1 08-05-2004 03:04 AM
Ryan aerators Robert Olin Lawns 5 03-12-2003 01:32 AM