Old 09-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Jason Jones

Default Old railroad ties needed

I'm landscaping. Anyone know where I can find old railroad ties for this
purpose?

I am not willing to steal them from the railroad.

Thanks

Jason

Old 09-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Robert

I've seen them at Southern States:

http://www.southernstates.com/

Robert

om...

Old 09-06-2004, 06:07 PM

In article , Jason Jones wrote:
Yes, looks like Southern States has them. Thanks!

Do you really want to use old crossties for landscaping. I watched some
neighbors put in an elaborate set of steps and 10 or so years later the
ties finally rotted completely and had to be removed.

Have you considered the new landscaping blocks that step back and allow
you to build higher walls with additional anchoring. They will still be
there 100 years from now. I have never run a cost analysis, nor do I
knkow your budget, but I thought I would mention them as an alternative.
ink.net...

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.

Free railroad ties? Mike Harris Texas 6 20-04-2006 06:25 PM
Filling Cracks In Old Railroad Ties Used As Garden Bordering ? Robert11 Lawns 4 04-04-2006 06:26 PM
Railroad Ties for Landscaping James Black Gardening 13 02-06-2005 04:16 AM
How to Clean Creosote on Railroad Ties James Eick Gardening 5 22-05-2003 07:56 PM
where can one buy new or used railroad ties MFA North Carolina 8 13-05-2003 02:56 AM