Old 15-06-2004, 09:10 PM
ab

Default ground ivy

Does anyone know any way to get rid of or at least control ground ivy? I
can handle bamboo grass and crabgrass and like having clover and dandelions,
but this stuff just won't leave the few beds I have alone. I put down that
black plastic stuff and put some mulch over it. The ground ivy just rooted
in the mulch and managed to pentrate the plastic and tear it up. Less than
a year later all the beds are covered. (And yes, I have gotten out there
and pulled them up several times. It even has started taking over a rather
healthy patch of bermuda grass.

Thanks!
Angela

Old 16-06-2004, 11:10 PM

In article , ab wrote:
Does anyone know any way to get rid of or at least control ground ivy? I
can handle bamboo grass and crabgrass and like having clover and dandelions,
but this stuff just won't leave the few beds I have alone. I put down that
black plastic stuff and put some mulch over it. The ground ivy just rooted
in the mulch and managed to pentrate the plastic and tear it up. Less than
a year later all the beds are covered. (And yes, I have gotten out there
and pulled them up several times. It even has started taking over a rather
healthy patch of bermuda grass.

Thanks!
Angela

Roundup!!!! add a squirt of dishwashing liquid so it will stick to the
leaves better. You can spray very close to other plants if the wind is
not blowing or if you are not sure of your self use a small shield to
such as a 2 foot square piece of plywood to protect nearby plants. Also
make the spray coarse and not fine so you get less drift. I can spray
within inches of other plants.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
To ivy or not to ivy, that's the question? TimLondon United Kingdom 15 07-05-2013 06:08 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
poisen ivy--scotts roundup poisen ivy ilaboo Lawns 4 06-06-2008 12:52 AM
ground ivy Carl e Roberts Lawns 1 20-05-2003 02:08 AM