Old 25-06-2004, 08:27 PM
RG

Default Fertilizing a fescue yard in June!

Isn't fertilizing a fescue yard this time of the year a definite no-no? My
"new" lawn service fertilized 2/20, 4/2 and 5/15 and then again 6/19! My
gut feeling is that only the first two were needed and the third was
needlessly extra. And, the one on 6/19 harmful. I've just called them and
am waiting on a call back. Any insights are welcome!

Thanks

Russell

Old 25-06-2004, 11:08 PM
DonS

In article .net, "RG" wrote:
Isn't fertilizing a fescue yard this time of the year a definite no-no? My
"new" lawn service fertilized 2/20, 4/2 and 5/15 and then again 6/19! My
gut feeling is that only the first two were needed and the third was
needlessly extra. And, the one on 6/19 harmful. I've just called them and
am waiting on a call back. Any insights are welcome!

I've always done September, November and February. Some people use Labor Day,
Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day as a way to remember.

-don
Old 26-06-2004, 05:09 PM

In article .net, RG wrote:
Isn't fertilizing a fescue yard this time of the year a definite no-no? My
"new" lawn service fertilized 2/20, 4/2 and 5/15 and then again 6/19! My
gut feeling is that only the first two were needed and the third was
needlessly extra. And, the one on 6/19 harmful. I've just called them and
am waiting on a call back. Any insights are welcome!

Are you sure it was fertilizer. Could have been weed control or lime.
Thanks

Russell

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.

Fine Fescue flavor: K31 or creeping red fescue? ZoysiaSod Lawns 2 20-04-2012 07:40 PM
Wild Fescue in a Fescue lawn G Burton Lawns 8 17-10-2005 03:13 PM
Dwarf Tall Fescue Bob Gardening 3 24-04-2003 05:44 PM
Propagating Fescue? Frank Solis Gardening 0 19-03-2003 01:32 PM
Fescue seed question Me Gardening 3 13-03-2003 04:44 PM