GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fertilizing a fescue yard in June! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/67215-fertilizing-fescue-yard-june.html)

RG 25-06-2004 08:27 PM

Fertilizing a fescue yard in June!

Isn't fertilizing a fescue yard this time of the year a definite no-no? My
"new" lawn service fertilized 2/20, 4/2 and 5/15 and then again 6/19! My
gut feeling is that only the first two were needed and the third was
needlessly extra. And, the one on 6/19 harmful. I've just called them and
am waiting on a call back. Any insights are welcome!

Thanks

Russell

DonS 25-06-2004 11:08 PM

In article .net, "RG" wrote:
Isn't fertilizing a fescue yard this time of the year a definite no-no? My
"new" lawn service fertilized 2/20, 4/2 and 5/15 and then again 6/19! My
gut feeling is that only the first two were needed and the third was
needlessly extra. And, the one on 6/19 harmful. I've just called them and
am waiting on a call back. Any insights are welcome!

I've always done September, November and February. Some people use Labor Day,
Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day as a way to remember.

-don

[email protected] 26-06-2004 05:09 PM

In article .net, RG wrote:
Isn't fertilizing a fescue yard this time of the year a definite no-no? My
"new" lawn service fertilized 2/20, 4/2 and 5/15 and then again 6/19! My
gut feeling is that only the first two were needed and the third was
needlessly extra. And, the one on 6/19 harmful. I've just called them and
am waiting on a call back. Any insights are welcome!

Are you sure it was fertilizer. Could have been weed control or lime.
Thanks

Russell

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.