Old 19-07-2004, 10:18 PM
ming

Default Where to buy retaining wall block ?

Hi There,

I am looking for place to buy retainning block for my back yard.
Do you know any places near Apex?
Homedepot and Lowes have it but kinda small size. I woulk like the bigger
size.

Thank you in advance,

Mi

Old 20-07-2004, 01:14 AM
Emily

Scott Stone in Mebane is good - we've used them for years for landscaping
project supplies:

http://www.scottstone.com/index2.html

-Emily

.com...

Old 21-07-2004, 07:12 PM

In article , ming wrote:
Hi There,

I am looking for place to buy retainning block for my back yard.
Do you know any places near Apex?
Homedepot and Lowes have it but kinda small size. I woulk like the bigger
size.

Thank you in advance,

Mi

Adams Concrete Products in Morrisville. Mcrimmon parkway is the name of
the road now I think. I think they have industrial ones that are 85
pounds each. Those are the ones that can be used for those 15+ foot
walls you may need. :-) They have smaller ones too.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.
Old 25-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Apex_off_Davis

After looking at a few brands I chose the ones from Johnson Concrete in
Willow Springs (or maybe it it was Fuquay). These have a more compact
depth than the others, and seemed more straightforward to use. None of them
are light. You'll know it after the first few blocks.

Be careful to pay attention to the engineering and installaion details of
whatever you use. The blocks at Home Depot are spec'd for walls no higher
than 2.5 feet, although no one at the store knew there was a limit. The
bigger blocks can go much higher, but if over a certain hight (4' for my
blocks) they need a geo-grid material for reinfocement at certain
intervals.

Some of the other important considerations I can recall are, part of the
first course of blocks needs to be burried below grade, proper drianage
behind the wall, and getting the first course perfectly level.

--Keith

[posted and mailed]

"ming" wrote in