GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help! I'm being attacked by gnats! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/79526-help-im-being-attacked-gnats.html)

Daniel Barton 20-07-2004 05:09 AM

Help! I'm being attacked by gnats!

Actually I'm not sure what they are, but when I got home
tonight and got out to get the mail I got attacked by
thousands of little tiny flying black bugs with white
wings. They were hanging out by the street light by
my mailbox and jumped on me and my truck when I get out.
They are also swarming at the house near the lights.

Anybody know what they are, and when they'll move on their
merry way?

Thanks, Daniel

| |

[email protected] 21-07-2004 07:11 PM

In article , Daniel Barton wrote:
Actually I'm not sure what they are, but when I got home
tonight and got out to get the mail I got attacked by
thousands of little tiny flying black bugs with white
wings. They were hanging out by the street light by
my mailbox and jumped on me and my truck when I get out.
They are also swarming at the house near the lights.

Anybody know what they are, and when they'll move on their
merry way?

Thanks, Daniel

Sounds like termites swarming insearch of a new home.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.

Daniel Barton 21-07-2004 08:08 PM

wrote:

Sounds like termites swarming insearch of a new home.

No, these were much smaller than termites. They really weren't
much more than 1/8th of an inch in size with small wings, just
like a miniature fly.

The next morning most of them had died, their carcasses were
littering my driveway.

Regards, Daniel