Old 28-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Susan Gillispie

Default four o'clock

I meant invasive in my YARD. I think those things could grow on the
moon. They are almost as bad as mimosas.
Old 28-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Kelly Garner

In article ,
Susan Gillispie wrote:
I meant invasive in my YARD. I think those things could grow on the
moon. They are almost as bad as mimosas.

Hm! Good to know. Do they propagate by self-seeding, are invasive under certain
conditions or... should they just be planted where they'll do "OK but not great"?
:-)

Cheers
KJ
--
---
"A photograph is neither taken nor seized by force. It offers itself up. It is
Old 29-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Susan Gillispie

Kelly Garner wrote:
In article ,
Susan Gillispie wrote:

I meant invasive in my YARD. I think those things could grow on the
moon. They are almost as bad as mimosas.

Hm! Good to know. Do they propagate by self-seeding, are invasive under certain
conditions or... should they just be planted where they'll do "OK but not great"?
:-)

Cheers
KJ

I put them where I want a little color and few other things will grow.
I have a bed far in the back of my yard and they look good there. They
self-sow like crazy. There are some with broken colors (a new kind)
that I think are particularly nice.
Old 29-07-2004, 07:27 PM
E Gregory

Susan Gillispie wrote:
Kelly Garner wrote:

In article ,
Susan Gillispie wrote:

I meant invasive in my YARD. I think those things could grow on the
moon. They are almost as bad as mimosas.

Hm! Good to know. Do they propagate by self-seeding, are invasive
under certain conditions or... should they just be planted where
they'll do "OK but not great"? :-)

Cheers
KJ

I put them where I want a little color and few other things will grow. I
have a bed far in the back of my yard and they look good there. They
self-sow like crazy. There are some with broken colors (a new kind)
that I think are particularly nice.

What does "broken colors" mean? I like 4 o'clocks, my Mom had them when
I was a kid. Do you know whether deer like to munch them?
Thanks,
Eileen
Old 06-08-2004, 10:30 PM
J. Mormino

They propagate themselves with those black seeds that are left after the
bloom dies-you can pick them right out...or put some plastic down around it
and shake it gently...they will also cross pollinate-making new colors
etc...I love 4 o'clocks-they smell so yummy! I have noticed slight
differences in the scent between the white, pink and red ones in my yard.
"Kelly Garner" wrote in message
In article ,
Susan Gillispie wrote:
I meant invasive in my YARD. I think those things could grow on the
moon. They are almost as bad as mimosas.

Hm! Good to know. Do they propagate by self-seeding, are invasive under

certain
conditions or... should they just be planted where they'll do "OK but not

great"?
:-)

Cheers
KJ
--
---
"A photograph is neither taken nor seized by force. It offers itself

up. It is
the photo that takes you. One must not take photos." Henri

Cartier-Bresson
www.hungryphotographer.org || www.ibiblio.org/kelly ||

kelly*unc.edu

Yellowing of four o'clock plants Zootal[_5_] Gardening 0 12-07-2011 05:42 AM
four-o'clock crossing and breeding Zoot Gardening 0 16-10-2008 02:14 AM
Garden Clock question told2b Gardening 4 18-07-2006 06:48 AM
Four O'Clock seeds axemanchris Gardening 6 18-05-2006 01:49 AM
Clock gardens JD Gardening 1 14-05-2004 10:02 PM