Old 27-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Robert Timm

Default Nurseries around Wake Forest?

Anyone have recommendations on nurseries around the Wake Forest area? We're
only looking for a few bushes and some vines, nothing extravagant. Home
Depot and Lowes are ok but they are a bit pricey and don't typically have
much for mature plants. I've been to Broadwells in Angier but it's a long
haul for a few bushes. Thanks
Bob

Old 27-08-2004, 05:09 AM
Penny Morgan

This nursery is not near Wake Forest, but they do have a good selection of
plants -annuals, perennials, shrubs and vines. You should call
Worthington's Nursery in Cary. They are located at the intersection of
Jones Franklin and Tryon Rd.

Home Depot and Lowes usually have cheap prices for plants, but not the
quality you'd get from a real nursery that survives from plant sales. I own
a flower planting service in N. Raleigh and do most of my shopping at
Worthington's. They are reasonably priced and have good quality plants.
Call them and ask for the specific shrubs and vines you're looking for at
854-9892.

Good luck.

Penny
Flowers By The Yard, LLC

Old 27-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Susan

There is a great place called Homewood (Homewoods?) in North Raleigh. From I-540,
take Falls of the Neuse south toward Raleigh and then turn right on Honeycutt (I think
there are Crown and BP gas stations at that corner). Not exactly sure of distance, it will
be 2-4 miles along Honeycutt on the left. They're not open on Sundays. I haven't
been there for a year or two but hubby goes there every spring to buy replacements
for whatever has died during the previous year and for annuals. Good quality plants,
not cheap, but I don't think they are outrageous either.

Susan

Old 27-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Tonya Heath

Robert Timm wrote:

Anyone have recommendations on nurseries around the Wake Forest area? We're
only looking for a few bushes and some vines, nothing extravagant. Home
Depot and Lowes are ok but they are a bit pricey and don't typically have
much for mature plants. I've been to Broadwells in Angier but it's a long
haul for a few bushes. Thanks
Bob

There is a really great nursery near Wake Forest (actually in
Rolesville). It is locally owned and operated and they have a very nice
selection of trees, shrubs, flowers, some vegetables, nick nacks, pots,
etc... The name is Post Nursery: 9405 Louisburg Rd, 554-4002. They have
a very knowledgable staff and the prices are competitive.

From Raleigh, head North on Capital, where Capital and 401N split (near
Applebee's and Blockbuster), follow 401N. It's about 5 miles up on the
left, before you enter Rolesville.

Old 31-08-2004, 12:13 AM
MAC

wrote:

Anyone have recommendations on nurseries around the Wake Forest area? We're
only looking for a few bushes and some vines, nothing extravagant. Home
Depot and Lowes are ok but they are a bit pricey and don't typically have
much for mature plants. I've been to Broadwells in Angier but it's a long
haul for a few bushes. Thanks
Bob

Also, try Martin House, just a couple of miles up US1 from Wake
Forest. They're on the east side of the road at an intersection, kind
of down in a hole, but there's a sign. Great little place.

MAC

Martin House & Garden Inc
894 Holden Rd
Youngsville, NC 27596-9744