Old 11-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Russell

Default Wheat straw necessity

What's the thinking behind adding wheat straw on top of newly seeded fescue
at this time of the year? I definitely intend to keep a close watch on the
soil and make sure it's kept moist. In the past I've bought the straw from
Lowe's / Home Depot and have always had weeds sprout (the seed is supposedly
99.x% weed free). I live near Crossroads shopping area. Anyone know of any
place to get "weed-free" wheat straw (does such a product even exist?)?

Thanks,

Russell

Old 17-09-2004, 02:55 AM
Russell

Pardon my ignorance - but how would you spread the peat moss over newly
seeded grass?

Thanks,

Russell

"T&D From NC" wrote in message
m...
Peat Moss is a great substitute, and you won't have any weeds.

"Russell" wrote in message
ink.net...
What's the thinking behind adding wheat straw on top of newly seeded

fescue
at this time of the year? I definitely intend to keep a close watch on

the
soil and make sure it's kept moist. In the past I've bought the straw

from
Lowe's / Home Depot and have always had weeds sprout (the seed is

supposedly
99.x% weed free). I live near Crossroads shopping area. Anyone know of

any
place to get "weed-free" wheat straw (does such a product even exist?)?

Thanks,

Russell

Caution about wheat straw LilAbner Lawns 1 16-08-2011 02:09 PM
Do you use hard or soft wheat for growing wheat grass for juice? James Edible Gardening 1 23-07-2006 05:56 PM
Wheat Straw erineieio North Carolina 1 02-08-2005 09:46 PM
RR Wheat - but who wants it? (was GM German Wheat Trials...) Torsten Brinch sci.agriculture 78 10-07-2003 07:11 PM
Wheat Straw SH North Carolina 2 01-05-2003 05:34 PM