GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lawn help in Hillsborough (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/84786-lawn-help-hillsborough.html)

Alice B 09-10-2004 02:40 PM

lawn help in Hillsborough

We have a small and shady back yard. An area of about 150 sq feet
needs to be re-seeded in fescue. Before our neighborhood was built in
the 1980s, the dirt was used to manufacture bricks, no kidding. We
need someone to till the area and mix in composted material. Are
there suggestions for a contact in the Hillsborough area?

Thanks,

Alice B

Raleighgirl 09-10-2004 05:10 PM

Alice,
I'm not a turf expert by any means but it seems that if your area
is shady AND packed dirt then you need to choose another ground
cover. If not, you will constantly battle the issue.
Just my $.02
Jenny
om...