GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   De-boring my azaleas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/85932-de-boring-my-azaleas.html)

Margaret Lillard 03-11-2004 01:52 AM

De-boring my azaleas

Hi all:

Has anyone had any luck moving azaleas? I have four shrubs, roundish and
about knee-high, in the traditional, boring plonk-plonk-all-in-a-row
foundation planting along the front porch of my house. They were a
little rough-looking when I moved in, but now they're quite healthy. I'd
like to put them elsewhere on my property and plant something more
interesting along the house.

I don't know how old they are -- the house is a bit over 20, but the
smallness of the shrubs would indicate to me that they're not that old.

Thanks

Margaret

Raleighgirl 03-11-2004 02:22 AM

I've had alot of luck moving azaleas. Just be sure not to plant
them too deep! Depending on the depth of the roots, if there is
no large/long tap root, you can just plop them down and cover the
roots with dirt. Don't overwater.
Good luck,
Raleighgirl