Old 08-11-2004, 11:51 PM
ncwitz

Default Voles

I'd appreciate any suggestions for managing voles in a lawn. What works
best to get rid of the pesky critters? Thanks for the help.

Stuart
Old 09-11-2004, 06:36 PM

On 2004-11-08, ncwitz wrote:
I'd appreciate any suggestions for managing voles in a lawn. What works
best to get rid of the pesky critters? Thanks for the help.

Stuart

A mousetrap, a bucket, a stick and a brick work. Set the trap with a
peanut and a smear of peanut butter. Place it on the ground, and turn
the bucket over on top of it. Put the stick under one edge. A scrap 1x1
will work, then put the brick on top the bucket.

Rat/mouse poison will work, but you need a bait station to cats and
dogs and such can't get to it. I cobbled one out of wood with an
entrance at each end and a bit of wire at each end to keepout the large
critters. It is hinged for easy reloading. Have not had to use it
this year, but last year it worked.

is a garbage address.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Jo

"ncwitz" wrote in message
. ..
I'd appreciate any suggestions for managing voles in a lawn. What works
best to get rid of the pesky critters? Thanks for the help.

Stuart

http://www.critter-repellent.com/vol...d-of-voles.php

I have heard it works well from my Grandmother.
She has to avoid poisions because she is near a river.

Jo