GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rabbiteye vs. Highbush Blueberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/86476-rabbiteye-vs-highbush-blueberries.html)

Gene Hubert 15-11-2004 04:45 PM

Rabbiteye vs. Highbush Blueberries

I've got rabbiteye and southern highbush blueberries growing side by
side. The highbush (O'neal and Cape Fear) produce beautifully. The
two rabbiteyes produce almost no usable fruit. They're all in full
sun with good drainage.

The rabbiteyes are about 4 feet tall and 5 feet across. They set
fruit well but the fruit never gets to full size and never gets fully
ripe in spite of being covered with netting.

I'm beginning to wonder if the rabbiteyes need lots more fertilize
than the others.

Any ideas on this would be much appreciated.

Gene H.

Dwayne 16-11-2004 02:21 AM

I dont know where you are located, but I used to live inArkansas and a guy
htere had a u - pick blueberry patch. I am sure he had rabbiteye. He had
to water them every other day druing their production stage.

Might try it. Dwayne

om...