GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The Catalogs are Here! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/87291-catalogs-here.html)

Anne Lurie 04-12-2004 03:15 AM

The Catalogs are Here!

So!

The catalogs have begun to enter -- whatever shall we do with them!

Let the fun begin!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

ZeroWing 05-12-2004 03:02 PM

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 03:15:26 GMT, "Anne Lurie"
wrote:
The catalogs have begun to enter -- whatever shall we do with them!
Let the fun begin!

Which catalogs? Which ones would you recommend?

I just started a vegetable garden for the first time last year and
would love some pointers for mail-order/Durham sources (besides Lowe's
& Home Depot) and what to grow in Durham (tomatos & cukes did great,
peppers flopped.)

- John

Jo 06-12-2004 03:32 PM

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
So!

The catalogs have begun to enter -- whatever shall we do with them!

Let the fun begin!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Wacking the neighbors unsupervised children with?

Anne Lurie 09-12-2004 12:03 AM

John,

Here are some of the websites for catalogs from whom I have ordered seeds in
the past while living NJ, VT, or NC. (I've always bought plants locally).
I think I get nearly every veggie catalog there is -- and keep in mind
that I'm a Yankee gal now living in NC!

Territorial Seed:
http://www.territorial-seed.com/

Vermont Bean Seed Co.:
http://www.vermontbean.com/

Cook's Garden:
http://www.cooksgarden.com/home.asp

Burpee: *
http://www.burpee.com/

* a sentimental favorite because I remember how excited my mother &
grandmother were when we received our seed orders, but some years, I did not
receive their catalog until I had already received my *order* from other
suppliers, despite being a long-time customer. (

And for the seed & start kits that I favor, plus a bunch of other stuff,
Gardeners Supply (VT).
http://www.gardeners.com/

One of the catalogs I just received was Totally Tomatoes, but I have no
experience with them.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

Jo 09-12-2004 01:28 AM

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Sorry Anne,
I had thought you meant all the holiday catalogs.
I am suffering from brain damage at the moment.

Jo