Old 19-01-2005, 05:03 AM
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Default OT -Used Paperbacks to Benefit Chemo Hats

I belong to the Twisted Threads Fiber Arts Guild of Raleigh.

The guild has decided that an appropriate ongoing community project would be
for us to knit and crochet chemo hats. There are so many hospitals in the
area, and several of our members are oncology
nurses.

Well, my fingers are numb, but today I posted 40 of the 200 books I pledged
to the Twisted Threads guild about. I promised to donate half the proceeds
of the first 200 paperbacks I sell on eBay to Twisted Threads for yarn to
use to make chemo hats. (The other half of the proceeds will just about
cover the listing and selling fees, especially if I have to re-list any).

I need to build up a lot of positive eBay feedback, and desperately need to
get literally hundreds of books out of my house (it's so hard to let go!),
so it looks like a win/win/win if anyone wants to support the guild making
chemo hats, and likes used paperbacks!

If you'e interested (or just curious), go on eBay and do a search on the
term RDUchemo to see the available books. I put RDUchemo in the title of
every listing.

Bid on as many as you want, get a little crazy, the starting prices are less
than a used bookstore would credit me for them, so they should be good
deals. If you are in the Raleigh-Durham area, I will meet you somewhere to
deliver your books in person.

Who knows, if they sell well, maybe I will pledge half the profits from
another 200 books too!

laurie (Mother Mastiff)

Old 19-01-2005, 05:14 AM
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

To tie the fiber arts to the gardening thing, did you know that some people
who keep sheep use fleece from the sheep as mulch in the garden? If it
isn't clean enough to be worth preparing and spinning, that's what it's good
for! A friend just took all my leftovers to mulch her roses.
--
laurie (Mother Mastiff)
Please remove "your teeth" to reply!

. ..