GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Source for starter plants? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/92682-source-starter-plants.html)

Mister Sensitive 19-04-2005 01:23 AM

Source for starter plants?

Folks,

I am finishing up the raised beds, filling 'em with dirt and getting them
ready to plant. What are the best sources for healthy starter plants? Of
particular interest are tomatoes, beans, peppers, squash, peas, herbs,
etc...

We'd prefer Chapel Hill or Durham over Raleigh. We'd like nice specimens
rather than the Home Depot lot of struggling vegetation.

Thanks,

-Brown Thumb

Kevin Van Sant 19-04-2005 02:38 PM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:23:59 GMT, "Mister Sensitive"
wrote in message
. net :

Folks,

I am finishing up the raised beds, filling 'em with dirt and getting them
ready to plant. What are the best sources for healthy starter plants? Of
particular interest are tomatoes, beans, peppers, squash, peas, herbs,
etc...

We'd prefer Chapel Hill or Durham over Raleigh. We'd like nice specimens
rather than the Home Depot lot of struggling vegetation.

Southern States in Carrboro is a good source.

Paul Mitchell 19-04-2005 04:18 PM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Kevin Van Sant wrote:

We'd prefer Chapel Hill or Durham over Raleigh. We'd like nice specimens
rather than the Home Depot lot of struggling vegetation.

Southern States in Carrboro is a good source.

I stopped in there yesterday to pick up some misquito dunks. They were
cleaned out from the weekend and were expecting a new batch of plants
later that evening or this morning, FWIW.

Paul