Old 21-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Daniel B. Martin

Default Snakes, live capture and relocation?

Is there a local group of snake lovers which will capture and relocate
unwanted snakes? I vaguely recall such a group called Snakebusters but
can't find them now.

Daniel B. Martin
Old 22-04-2005, 01:55 AM

Don't know of a group but contact Scott Cooper w/Cooper pest control.
he invented a snake trap that catches them alive unharmed. You can buy
the trap or hire him to do it for you.

872-5520

Old 22-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Mister Sensitive

Since y'all are posting to a gardening group, I gotta point out that snakes
are wonderful exterminators of many garden pests, even venomous ones.

Why would you want to get rid of a snake?

ups.com...

Old 22-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Daniel B. Martin

Mister Sensitive wrote:
... snakes are wonderful exterminators of many garden pests, even venomous ones.

Agreed.

Why would you want to get rid of a snake?

The snakes are copperheads which present a hazard to children and
household pets. It is thought they have established residence under
the front porch.

Daniel B. Martin
Old 22-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Geary Morton

In article .net,
"Daniel B. Martin" wrote:

Mister Sensitive wrote:
... snakes are wonderful exterminators of many garden pests, even venomous
ones.

Agreed.

Why would you want to get rid of a snake?

The snakes are copperheads which present a hazard to children and
household pets. It is thought they have established residence under
the front porch.

Daniel B. Martin

I have an elderly neighbor who spent a month in the hospital after being
bitten by a copperhead. She almost died! I am very wary of these
things, and there seems to be an ample supply of them wherever you find
pinestraw and/or rabbits. I've also been told that the venom of the
baby ones is more toxic than the adult venom, so be careful!

Geary Morton

Old 23-04-2005, 03:44 AM
Mister Sensitive

Yeah. That'll do it. Although their venom is rarely lethal, the bite and
resulting tissue necrosis is supposed to be quite nasty.

If you want to get rid of copperheads under your porch, put a bunch of
cobras under there! They'll scare 'em away.

Just kiddin'

"Daniel B. Martin" wrote in message
link.net...

Old 23-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Jennifer Richards

Mister Sensitive wrote:
... snakes are wonderful exterminators of many garden pests, even

venomous ones.

Agreed.

Why would you want to get rid of a snake?

The snakes are copperheads which present a hazard to children and
household pets. It is thought they have established residence under
the front porch.

Daniel B. Martin

I admire you for wanting to capture and relocate them, but they're hardly an
endangered species. Why not just get an exterminator?

Old 24-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Daniel B. Martin

Jennifer Richards wrote:
I admire you for wanting to capture and relocate them, but they're hardly an
endangered species. Why not just get an exterminator?

For me, killing things is to be avoided if there is a safe-and-sane
alternative.

Daniel B. Martin
Old 25-04-2005, 06:55 PM

On 2005-04-24, Daniel B. Martin wrote:
Jennifer Richards wrote:
I admire you for wanting to capture and relocate them, but they're hardly an
endangered species. Why not just get an exterminator?

For me, killing things is to be avoided if there is a safe-and-sane
alternative.

Daniel B. Martin

There is a snake repellant (sulfur I think) you can buy in bags. Don't
know if it really works or not.

Do you know for sure they have actually taken up residence? or was it
just one sighting? If they have taken up residence you may want to
consider why and eliminate the desirable conditions that attracted
them. Fill depressions and holes with gravel or permatil. Remove leaves
and other insulating materials. Not sure what els.

is a garbage address.